Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another wonderful weekend!





Yes folks, the summer is rolling right along - much to fast as everyone can agree. We had a beautiful weekend at the lake with some good friends along to keep us company. Bil and Mark had Tom and Pat McManus from the cities at the cabin and Dave, Kim, and their daughter Kate Jones came to visit us. Along with her dog Oden a black lab and hound dog mix who came to play with Riley and Briggs. They got along splendidly and chased after the ball like two good friends should. We even had a tandem poop in the tall grass that we were wishing we had a camera for. Kinda gross - but it made us all laugh! Briggs spent most of the time wishing I would let him off the chain so he could run too, but most of the time he would run straight to the mud side of the dock and the cute white puppy would be a smelly, ugly, mess!! I was a mean grandma and kept him by my side most of the weekend to keep him out of trouble! He is so cute and we did our duty and delivered him home, tired, cranky, and dirty! Watch out Andrew and Meagan - we will do the same with your baby except for the dirty part!!
We spent all day Saturday on the pontoon again, and it was a perfect day. Not to hot - no wind - and a mixture of our first Hop Skips of the season to make the day! It was hard to leave the water again, but Billie and Mark had planned this wonderful meal that we put together at our house. It was delicious as always!! A fire, star gazing, and listening to We Fest from afar rounded out the nite. Perfect. I, like all of you, wish summer would never end.
This week at work has consisted of packing and hauling boxes and boxes of "stuff" out of the old bank and into the new. This Friday at 10am the bank will close and the big push will begin. We have movers to haul the bigger furniture, and computer geeks hired to get all the computers moved, but it will still be and has been a huge undertaking. It will be so worth it when it is all done, but getting there is a long process. I have a hard time believing I had to haul bank record books from 1919 from one bank to another but my boss (my favorite person in the whole world right now - ha ha) says we need to. I tend to disagree. I'm surprised he hasn't fired me yet. I tend to get a little cranky when I'm hot and tired and I can't seem to keep my feelings to myself!! Probably waiting until the hard labor is done and then will fire my ass for insubordination. Oh well - could be the best thing that could happen to me maybe?!?!? Anyway - think of me this weekend when you are all enjoying your weekend. We will be working until we are ready to be up and running for business Monday morning at 7:00 AM. No matter how long that may take!! Tom says he will supply pizza and beer to make up for it. Big spender.

No comments:

Post a Comment