Friday, August 29, 2008

Summer's Last Hurrah??

I surely hope not! Seems like it just started and the forecast for this weekend sounds great (except for the wind of course!). It better hold true!! And by the looks of the beans, the warm weather better hold out for quite a while - they need alot of time!! The wheat harvest went really good. The average bushel number was GREAT and the harvest only last about a week, so things went really smoothly. Thanks so much to our wonderful son, who stayed with us, worked at his real job in the mornings and then came and ran the grain cart for his Dad. It helps so much and he really is a farmer at heart so think he likes it alot.

The bank move is complete and we have been in there for two full weeks. The building is beautiful, and I love it, but getting used to all the changes has been hell. Maybe I'm to old for this change - I don't know - but this hasn't been as much fun as I was hoping it would be. For one thing Kathy and I have been putting in 10 to 12 hour days trying to keep everyone on track and get things running smoothly again, and I KNOW I am to old for that!! Boy am I tired at nite and my bad knee is killing me! The place is 2 1/2 times the size of the old one and the walking on all the ceramic tile is not great for the knee. Anyway - enough complaining - It is getting better and every day goes a little better. The 3 new part timers should know their stuff in a couple of weeks and then I can get back to my regular hours! I have racked up 4 1/2 days of comp time so far this year, which would be really great news IF I would ever see compensation for them or an offer to use them as vacation days! I'm sure that will never happen though. At this point even a thank you from management would be greatly appreciated!

I am writing this at my happy place with a beer by my side so all is well now. Dave and Kim Jones are coming for the Labor Day holiday which will make the weekend all the better and you can bet some pontoon time will be necessary. We also have Briggs visiting this weekend (he and Riley are actualy getting along better finally!) while Jenn, Mike and Jack are in South Dakota for a visit with his parents. They actually live in Arizona but are in the area for a visit and went to their home state of SD to visit some friends. We will meet them for the first time on Sunday or Monday so are very much looking forward to that! Jenn says they are great people and very easy going - not surprising since they raised such a great son!! I will post some pics from the weekend later. I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend - stay safe - Love you all. Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment