Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th! Happy Vacation!

Hi everyone - reporting from sunny Munson Lake - a great day on the 4th with some of the most beautiful weather I can remember for the 4th of July. A very successful Munson Boat Parade! Our record (we think) is 17 boats and we had 15 this year! We had a wonderful spread of food at the cabin after some water fun and then came here for some games and fireworks. Kim, Kimberly and Sean Gowenlock along with Aunt Jo of course were here, and Sean was having so much fun helping to blow things up! Jenn and Mike stopped over too and She was also very entertaining!! The kids had given Greg a Bean Bag toss game for Fathers Day and we played it for quite a while! After 50 years I have finally found a game I am reasonably good at! Ha! Anyway - I held my own and Jenn and I beat Greg and Mike so that was fun!! The fireworks show was GREAT as usual and a good time was had by all. Billie and I went shopping today at Summerhill Farm by Park Rapids and then back to DL. It was a very nice day and we had a great time. It has been spitting rain today and even one pretty good shower but now the sun is out so we hope it stays that way for the rest of the week!! For the 1st time since we bought this place Greg finally wet a line and caught a good supply of sunfish for some appetizers! Can't wait! He's pretty happy we our done with our major "projects" around here for now and this week he can relax alot! Have a great week everyone and I will post some pics from our vacation later!

No comments:

Post a Comment