Thursday, June 26, 2008

Travel Time!






News Flash - Live From Omaha Nebraska - The Barker's and the Keckler's along with our wonderful daughters, travel down to Omaha to see live action from the 2008 College World Series, thanks to Mike Boub so graciously giving up his front row, right over the first base dugout seats!! We want to thank him for the wonderful seats (maybe next time we can all go??) - the weather was perfect (except for a few rain delays) the seats were to die for - the games were great!! I haven't seen such great baseball for quite a few years and it was so exciting! We saw a couple of grand slams, a few home runs, and even a streaker!! You can see them leading him away in the bottom pic. To bad he wasn't as least cute (check out the man boobs - ICK) any way I can for sure say I hope that's the last time I see that!! If you looked real close on ESPN you could see us when there was a left handed batter and sometimes when they scanned the dugout. I was wishing that they would have gotten Julie on the big screen doing the chicken dance, but no such luck!! We ate good (traveling rule - you can't eat anywhere you could eat in Fargo) drank a bit (even though we couldn't have a cool one at the game due to NCAA rules!?!?) - and had alot of laughs! If we didn't know this before, we sure do now - our girls are quite entertaining!! We all had a wonderful time! Maybe next time Andrew and Meagan can go too - I know they wanted to and after looking at the pics, Andrew will be wishing to go next time!
Getting ready for the 4th and my vacation which technically starts July 3rd at 3:01 PM. Much needed break from the smiling through my clenched teeth training I am doing of two new part time employees. We are getting ready for the move to the new bank and new longer banking hours which will happen about the week of July 25th. I just keep telling myself that these girls are the ones that will work the new longer hours so I don't have to and it makes it better. Oh well, better days ahead!! Think warm for the 4th and everyone have a safe and wonderful 4th of July holiday!! Love to all, Becky (Gramma to be :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm now gladly accepting potty training over your part time training! Have a fabulous 4th. Drink some Carona ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we saw you on the big screen----only you but that was pretty cool... the pics are great! looks like a grea time! wish we could have come! maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete