Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Deep Thinking

This may seem strange, but as I was reading Jenn's blog today about it being Briggs' 1st Birthday today - I started to think about how much she has fallen in love with that dog and how that will translate into her being a wonderful mother some day! I know that may be weird, but when I see her with Briggs and even more so when I see her with Mike's son Jack - I see that she is a very loving person and I know she will be a wonderful Mother someday. Not that Jack needs a mother - he has one, and a very loving one I'm sure - I just know that she has alot to give and Briggs, Jack, and all of us are better for it!

I also know that I was the kind of mother I was because of my own Mom, whom I love dearly, and I hope that some of me rubbed off on my kids too. I know both of my kids will be wonderful parents - it is so gratifying to look back on their childhoods - while not perfect of course - and know that they turned out to be such wonderful people! I feel such pride in my heart for both of them and I'm so grateful that our family is so close. Jennifer Jo and Andrew Aaron - I love you both so very much and thank God everyday for both of you.

Ok that's enough - I guess I am getting a little emotional with this new baby on the way! "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!" Love to all, Grandma Becky

PS My Mom just called and said Grandma Elliott is in the hospital - please pray for her to get better! I love you Grandma!

4 comments:

  1. You are an awesome mom, amazing aunt, and the best sister/friend I could ever ask for. You are about to add incredible Grandma to that list. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billie beat me to it, but I, too, think you are a great mom...and sister-in-law, and daughter-in-law. I say daughter-in-law because you were always able to make dad sit up straight and behave :)! I don't know how you did it?! He'd say you'd get a look in our eyes, dark eyes, he'd say, and you better watch out. He always thought of you as the boss and paid attention to your opinions, which was amazing to me. With regard to being a grandmother, just as you did with your children, you will share your wisdom and love for life with your grandchildren, and they will be better people for it. You know I love you (and your sister) like a sister.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, that should say "you'd get a look in your eyes..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the kind words...I love and appreciate you more than you know...

    ReplyDelete